Thursday, December 6, 2007

The DeCAF! Interview: Will Leitch


I really can't believe this is happening, but Deadspin fuhrer Will Leitch has agreed to do an interview with Deadspin Nation's #1 fansite, DeCAF! I apologize in advance if I have a hard time staying on message and start verbally blowing him during the course of the interview.

DeCAF!: It's such a pleasure to have you, Mein Fuhrer!

Will Leitch: Why are you calling me that?

DC: It's just a name I came up with for you. Like, I've juxtaposed the Deadspin Nation (because they are so awesome and powerful) with the Nazi regime. Naturally, you are the leader, The Fuhrer if you will. It's like, ironic or something?

WL: No it's not. Stop it.

DC: Sig Hiel Mein Fuhrer! Just kidding!

WL: OK.

DC: So, what's it like leading an army of hilarious and original commenters?

WL: It's pretty cool. We don't let just anyone comment on our board. You have to pass an audition and a test.

DC: A test? What's the test like?

WL: You have to pass a pop culture relevancy test. Oh, I forget the score...I think you need to score like 85% or something.

DC: What's on the test?

WL: Well, there's a Simpsons section. Then a Seinfeld section. Anchorman and Dodgeball sections. ..

DC:...Really

WL:...Yeah, then you have to know all of the Deadspin inside jokes.

DC: Such as?

WL: Barbaro, stupid dinosaurs, Mamula, James Frey.

DC: You're with me, Leather!

WL: Yeah, that's one of them.

DC: You're with me, Leather!

WL: I heard you the first time.

DC: I just think that saying is so god damned funny! Did you ever think about changing the name of the site to You're with me, Leather!

WL: No. Actually, my buddy Matt Ufford started a site called With Leather, you should check it out. It's really funny.

DC: Is that the guy who posts pictures of hot 15 year old ass?

WL: Well, his site is not really about that...

DC: That guy is awesome!

(Long awkward silence)

DC: You're with me, Leather!

WL: Look, when are we going to talk about my new book?

DC: You're with me, Leather!

WL: Fuck off.

DC: You're with me, Leather!

DC: You're with me, Leather!

DC: You're with me, Leather!

DC: You're with me, Leather!

DC: You're with me, Leather!

No comments: